JUS’ DANCE STUDIO HIRE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions of Venue Hire at Jus’ Dance Studio
Note: Variances can be agreed on, but only by arrangement with the venue owner in writing.
- Deposit of 50% is required within 7 days of the initial invoice date for all venue hire bookings. Payment of the deposit constitutes the clients acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Balance of the venue hire, plus bond and cleaning fee must be received in full at least 7 days prior to the function date. If not the owner has the right to cancel the booking as deemed necessary.
- A security bond of $500 is payable for all functions. This is held in security against theft, damage, breakages and/or excessive mess. For functions deemed ‘high risk’ a higher bond amount of $800 is requested. Bond will be returned to the clients nominated bank account after the venue has been inspected (no longer than 3 days after the function), on the proviso that no additional cleaning and/or repairs, beyond what is deemed reasonable by the owners, are required.
- Cancellations – if caused by the client, a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice is required to cancel venue hire. Deposit monies paid may not be refundable if less than 2 weeks’ notice is given, unless the venue is re-hired for the same date. Where deposit refunds are permitted, a $100 cancellation/admin fee will still apply.
- The owner will make every effort to ensure the venue is available as booked. However the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
To maintain the venue in a good condition, certain conditions must be complied with. We appreciate that most clients will respect the venue, but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions:
- The maximum number of occupants permitted to be at the venue at any time is x120 people for a cocktail function (standing) or x80 people with tables and seating. Number of Guests should not exceed the maximum permitted for the style of function booked – seated or cocktail style. Loss of bond may result if the number of guests exceeds the venue maximum as detailed above.
- Departure - for evening functions, the venue is available to hire until 12 midnight at the latest. All functions must conclude at 12 midnight and guests escorted from the venue.
- Damage, Breakages, Theft and Loss are the responsibility of the person(s) hiring the venue and to whom the venue hire invoice and/or confirmation were addressed. Property damage and/or extra cleaning will be deducted from bond. Where property damage and/or extra cleaning exceeds the value of the bond, this excess must be paid for by the person(s) responsible for paying for the venue hire, whose name(s) are on the venue hire invoice(s).
- The client is responsible for removing all garbage/rubbish resulting from the function. Bin bags are supplied and all rubbish should be taken away at the conclusion of the function. Rubbish must not be left in the council bins or onsite.
- Use of the upstairs area of the Jus Dance studio venue is strictly prohibited. Venue hire covers use of the main hall, dance floor, kitchen, toilets, outside areas and car park only.
- Guests 18 years and under must be accompanied by parents or guardians, for the full duration of the function.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the Jus’ Dance studio venue.
- Loss - the owners take no responsibility for the personal property of persons attending functions at the Jus Dance studio venue.
- Bond is payable at the same time as the balance amount. The bond will be refunded (within 3 days of departure); in full, subject to the above conditions being met. It is designed to cover any additional costs incurred including but not limited to, any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those permitted..etc.
Variations to these conditions may only be made by prior arrangements with the owner in writing. Breach of the above stated terms and conditions may result in the termination of your function, loss of bond and/or additional charges.